Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Expressing Myself in Verse

I'm a poet, so I'm always doing that — even more so than usual, this last month. For the whole of April I responded to an annual challenge from Poetic Asides (a section of Writers Digest) to write a poem a day. (April is National Poetry Month in the United States, and some facets of it have spread to other countries.) Not only did my writing energy go there, but most of my widowhood chronicling too. There are some things I didn't include in the poems, which I'll catch up with here in the near future. Meanwhile, this link takes you to my April poems. Not all of them are on topic, but most are. Usually, when I confronted the keyboard, that was what was there to write, so I did. But there are also some pieces of light relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.